ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Problems with inserting the valid license key

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2022-09-15

PM

Hi,
I am currently testing the nRF5340 with the associated development kit. I have installed the v2.1.99-dev2 SDK with the associated ant-sdk.
I wanted to load the example "ant_brodcast_rx", but unfortunately I get the error:

C:\ncs\v2.1.99-dev2\zephyr\include\zephyr\toolchain\gcc.h:77:36: error: static assertion failed: "You must obtain a valid license key to use ANT. You may use the evaluation key for non-commercial use only with CONFIG_ANT_EVALUATION_KEY=y set on the network core. Commercial use license keys are available from ANT Wireless, see CONFIG_ANT_LICENSE_KEY for details."
77 | #define BUILD_ASSERT(EXPR, MSG...) _Static_assert(EXPR, "" MSG)

C:\ncs\v2.1.99-dev2\ant\init\ant_init.c:79:3: note: in expansion of macro 'BUILD_ASSERT'
79 | BUILD_ASSERT(

I have now tried a lot but unfortunately I could not solve the problem yet and I am a bit down.
What do I have to change to agree to the license conditions and load the example on the nRF5340dk?

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2022-06-01

PM

Hi there,

Instructions for working with ANT License Keys on nRF Connect SDK are available here:
https://www.thisisant.com/APIassets/ANTnRFConnectDoc/doc/integration_notes.html#license-keys

To work with the ANT evaluation key (for non-revenue generating activities), it must be configured for the image targeting the network core (cpunet). You can do so by changing the ANT_EVALUATION_KEY Kconfig for your network core image (ant_rpc.conf in ant_broadcast_tx) from 'n' to 'y': https://github.com/ant-nrfconnect/sdk-ant/blob/main/samples/ant_broadcast_tx/child_image/ant_rpc.conf#L8

Alternatively, if your organization has a valid commercial license key, you can configure it with CONFIG_ANT_LICENSE_KEY="your-key". Again, this is required for the network core image (cpunet).

Let us know if this gets you going. Otherwise, please share some details on what you have tried.      
Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2022-09-15

PM

Hi,
thank you very much for the quick help.
It works now.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2022-11-29

PM

I also find the valid license key and I found my answer in your post thanks. I wasn't expecting that I will gonna find your post. I was searching for the cv writers reviews online and by mistake, I clicked on your post as well and that is how I found your post.