Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Is there any command to know if a slave is connected?

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2022-08-01

PM

Hi

I am working on a sensor node as the master to transmit data to ANTWARE as the slave. After successfully established a channel with my sensor node, I can see the broadcast messages in 1Hz (intentionally set to a slow rate) from my ANT module as
A4h 03h 40h 00h 01h 03h E5h 
with 40h being the channel response message (page 115 of the ANT Message Protocol), 00h is the channel number, 01h as an RF event and 03h the message code to to indicate that a broadcast message has been transmitted successfully from my sensor node.

Next, I click on the Auto-open button on ANTWARE and notice that, even when a connection is made but there is no change in the channel response message. That means the message echo from my ANT module keeps on refreshing the same string
A4h 03h 40h 00h 01h 03h E5h 

This makes me think: how my sensor know if a slave is connected to start data acqusition? Is there any command in ANT protocol for that?

John      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 370

Joined 2012-06-27

PM

In ANT+ there is not usually a way for the master to know a slave is there. This is because there are typically cases where multiple slaves are connected. Example: bike sensors connected to a watch and a cycling computer for a triathlon.

You could send acknowledged messages from the master in a general ANT use case for which there is only one slave.      

Signature

Ian Haigh