Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT service messages are freeze

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2024-03-12

PM

Android 14, Garmin USB ANT+ stick via OTG, latest version of ANT Radio Service and ANT USB Service. Using "restricted" ANT SDK.

SimulANT+ from PC or a real ANT sensor - no matter how it goes.

Very often, during the developing of an App (based on Sample_AcquireChannels App from SDK), messages from the service stop coming.
App opens a channel, within 5-10 seconds receives several messages and then nothing. There are no any event received anymore (by IAntChannelEventHandler.onReceiveMessage). I made an additional handler that re-opens the channel if there are no messages for a period of time. So, when the app calls channel.close(), it immediately receives a large package of previous messages. After this, the channel opens again, works for 5-10 seconds and freezes again.

Sometimes it even happens on channel.open() - no feedback from the service, i.e. It just didn't seem to open anything.

Sometimes connecting/disconnecting the USB stick helps, sometimes you have to restart the phone for everything to be work normally.

Log file is attached. As you can see in the log:

12:40:07.139 open channel
:40:09.247-12:40:11.479 receives messages

freeze until 12
:40:32.119 (23 seconds)

force the channel close
And immediately App receives 50 messages within a 1/10 of a second.

then open the channel again... 

What's the problem and how to fix it?
Thanks

p.s. All sample Apps from ANT+ or another Apps which are support ANT devices works in the same way: missing data, freezing and etc.

File Attachments

• log1.txt (File Size: 9KB - Downloads: 21)
Rank

Joined 2024-03-12

PM

Checked on another phone (Android 10), different OTG, different USB ANT+ stick.
Result is the same: working few seconds then freeze. Call the close method of the channel and got all lost packets... Original ANT+ Plugin sampler works in the same way (traffic just freeze after few seconds)

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2023-10-26

PM

@geometry dash subzero
stunlkr - 29 March 2024 06:25 AM
Result is the same: working few seconds then freeze. Call the close method of the channel and got all lost packets... Original ANT+ Plugin sampler works in the same way (traffic just freeze after few seconds)

Great sharing. My problem is also solved      
Rank

Joined 2024-03-12

PM

coolburritos - 04 April 2024 07:29 PM
@geometry dash subzero

Great sharing. My problem is also solved

What problem was solved and how?      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2024-03-04

PM

Result is the same: working few seconds then freeze. Call the close method of the channel and got all lost packets... Original ANT+ Plugin sampler works in the same way (traffic just freeze after few seconds)mario games

It doesn't work for me.. Or maybe I did some wrong step