Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

How to cope with such a situation?

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2023-06-05

PM

In a simple master/slave channel design, we have a master and multiple slaves. It appears that the master must be turned on while slaves connect to it. I've seen cases when the master is turned on while the slaves are already active and they don't exchange info. When slaves are powered off, they begin receiving data from the master (a steady 1s ping). How do you deal with such a situation? We have no control over when a user turns on or off the master or slave device in our application.      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2023-08-16

PM

DaleRyan - 09 July 2023 07:59 PM
In a simple master/slave channel design, we have a master and multiple slaves. It appears that the master must be turned on while slaves connect to it. I've seen cases when the master is turned on while the slaves are already active and they don't exchange info. When slaves are powered off, they begin receiving data from the master (a steady 1s ping). How do you deal with such a situation? We have no control over when a user turns on or off the master or slave device in our application. angry gran

Hello, I faced this problem once time. I used a discovery mechanism to allow the master to detect when a new slave is available or when an existing slave is disconnected. For example, some protocols use broadcast messages or polling techniques to achieve this. You can try it.