ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Trobleshooting driver problem

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2021-01-25

PM

Hi,

I purchased an ANT+ USB stick at Decathlon: brand seems to be HAPO-G!? It does not automatically install on my PC (Windows 10).

I followed the instruction from the tread "FAQ: Troubleshooting Driver Problems" and tried to install the driver manually. I downloaded the unsigned version from the downloads section: https://www.thisisant.com/resources/ant-usb1-driver-windows/

But I cannot complete the procedure because the ".inf" file seems to be missing.

Can you please help?

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2020-12-27

PM

i see the inf in the parent folder "USB_ANT_SiUSBXp_3_1.inf"      
Rank

Joined 2021-01-25

PM

Thanks, I tried but got following error message:

"Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them.
The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering.
If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit their website and check the support section for drivers."

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 370

Joined 2012-06-27

PM

Try https://www.thisisant.com/resources/ant-usb2-driver-windows/ Most .non Garmin or ANT sticks work with this driver as opposed to the usb1 driver you reference.      

Signature

Ian Haigh

Rank

Joined 2021-01-25

PM

Thanks Ian, that fits my ANT stick!      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2021-08-18

PM

I'm not a developer, I'm just trying to download the driver to use my ANT USBm

But I've tried to download the driver from thisisant but it keeps telling me it does not recognise the .dll or .sys or .inf and everytime I go to update the driver it says there are no drivers for this device.

I did notice that the driver on the ANT downloads says it's for developers.

Is there anything for people like me that are clueless, but not that clueless that I can't follow the instructions to update the driver? I have a lenovo laptop and windows 10 and everything is updated regularly

Thank you      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 370

Joined 2012-06-27

PM

Is your USB-m a Garmin or ANT+ branded and sold device, or did you purchase from a 3rd party? We have seen a number of 3rd party devices (from sellers on Amazon mainly) which do not work with our drivers. For these you need to consult with the manufacturer of your stick.

Does your computer have corporate IT management or other security software on it? You may need to consult your IT team.

How is the USB-m showing up? Is it under "Other devices"? Does it have a yellow triangle with exclamation mark?

Garmin / ANT+ USB-m uses https://www.thisisant.com/resources/ant-usb2-driver-windows/ This .driver should be automatically installing when you plug the USB-m into your computer.

If it is not: Unzip the downloaded file to a folder somewhere you can easily find (such as downloads or desktop folder). You should be able to find your USB-m in "Device Manger", right click, select "Driver" tab, "Update Driver", "Browse my computer for drivers", enter the folder of the unzipped download (ensure "Include subfolders" is checked), "Next". After completing these steps you should see "ANT USB-m" under "libusb-win32 devices".

Signature

Ian Haigh