ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Temperature readings

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2010-04-07

PM

Hello,

I have been trying out the demo_lib application. I have now been able to connect with it to a dev kit but it does not seem to transmit any data. It gives occasionally some response packets but the content does not change. I have used a temperature reading script on the device.

When I look at the logs generated with ANT_ASC_Demo those seem to contain commands for SensCore sw on top of the ANT protocol. I have not been able to find documentation for those commands. Where can I find it? [file name=Temperature.txt size=855]http://www.thisisant.com/images/fbfiles/files/Temperature.txt[/file]      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Did you modify the demo_lib to act as a shared master and communicate with an AT3 module + battery board configured with the SensRcore script? Could you describe in more detail how you configured both ends of the link?

The shared master for the ANT_ASC_Demo is implemented at the application level. The source code for the ANT_ASC_Demo is included with the application note "AN07 Auto Shared Channel - Master Example". This can give you a better idea of the code required at the application level to implement an auto shared master. The source code is for Borland Builder, but should be a good reference to port it to your own application. The application note and accompanying source code are available in the DevZone.

You can find documentation on the SensRcore commands in the "ANT SensRcore Messaging and Usage" document, available here
http://www.thisisant.com/products/data-sheets-brochures      
Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2010-04-07

PM

Yes I did. I just configured the application as a shared channel master:

#define USER_RADIOFREQ (70)

#define USER_ANTCHANNEL (0)
#define USER_DEVICENUM (49)
#define USER_DEVICETYPE (1)
#define USER_TRANSTYPE (5)

#define USER_NETWORK_KEY {0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,}
#define USER_NETWORK_NUM (0) // The network key is assigned to this network number

#define MESSAGE_TIMEOUT (1000)
#define USER_MESSAGE_PERIOD (4096) // 4 Hz
#define SHARED_TRANSMIT_CHANNEL ((UCHAR)0x30)

the sensor configuration can be seen from the script.

Yes the application note does explain the messages. Thanks.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Hi,

In a shared channel, the slave will only send data to the master as a response to a message directly addressed to it, therefore, it is important that the slave has a shared address and that the master knows this address.

The application note above describes the mechanism that has to be implemented at the master to be able to automatically assign an address to a shared slave that joins the network. Note that all of this is implemented at the application level. Since your slave was configured to obtain the address automatically, it will not be able to communicate with the master unless the master implements the auto shared functionality at the application level. Please refer to the source code accompanying the application note for a reference on this. Alternatively, you could assign the slave a fixed shared address and use this address to send messages to it from the shared master.