ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Sleep, Suspend, Reset pins Vs commands

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Hello all,
I'm new to ANT and wanted to know if it is better to reset the device using the reset command sent form the PC (or MCU) or to use the Reset pin. The same thing for suspend and sleep. Why is it better to use one method rather then the other.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Bobby      
RankRank

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2010-07-08

PM

Hello Bobby,

There is no difference between sending a reset command (0x4A, ANT_ResetSystem) and using the reset pin with one minor exception: the reset pin will also reset the serial communication line. Typically you only want to use the pin reset in a situation where you serial communications have failed for some reason. Otherwise, sending a reset command should be sufficient.

Sleep and suspend are achieved entirely with the pins (there are no commands) with the exception of the "Deep Sleep" mode on the AP2 chip. There, a "Deep Sleep" mode is triggered by the SleepMessage (0xC5) command in conjunction with the SLEEP pin.

Refer to the "Power States" application note for more information on the Sleep and Suspend functions.

Best Regards,
Jefferson      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Hi Jefferson,
I just wanted to thank you for answering. I'll read the application note you suggested.
Bobby