ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

message code 0x25 on startup

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2009-12-11

PM

Hi all,

setting up my AP2 module (AP2-8 1.02) occasionally I get a message code 0x25 once the module is setup and the channel opened.

I don't find this code in the docs --- any info out there?

Best Regards,

Peter      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Could you please post the full message you are receiving?      
Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2009-12-11

PM

Hi Alejandra,

the complete datagram is:

a4 03 40 00 5b 19 a5

and I just realized I falsly asked for 0x25 when actually this should have been 25 decimal, sorry.

I setup the module for continuous scan mode, extended messages, and it does work, no matter if that unexpected datagram comes up.

The module is connected to the pc via serial interface connected to an FTDI USB2RS232 bridge module (3.3V).

I get a RESPONSE_NO_ERROR for all of the setup commands. The AP2 module is hard reset before communication starts (RTS wired to Reset, wait for startup datagram).

Thanks for the support!

Best Regards,

Peter      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Message code 25, CLOSE_ALL_CHANNELS, would indicate an attempt to start the continuous scanning mode while other channels are open. You mention that you do a reset before configuring the scanning mode, and you wait for the startup message before proceeding with the configuration, is that correct? Were any other channels previously opened in the device? Do you receive this message after sending the OpenRxScanMode() command?      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Hi Alejandra,

CLOSE_ALL_CHANNELS should makes sense. Probably I leave the module in undefined state during software debugging when just killing the app without stepping into the "clean-up-procedure" and doing the next run without resetting the module.

I will check this at let You know.

Was I just blind or is this reply code not in the docs?

Thanks a lot + Best Regards,

Peter      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Yes, it is in the documentation, in the list of Message Codes in the "ANT Message Protocol and Usage" document, in section 9.5.6. The values in the table are all decimal.