Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Are there multiple sources for ANT chips?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 140

Joined 2008-12-09

PM

Currently, ANT runs on certain 8051 and MSP430 baseband processors combined with certain Nordic Semiconductor nRF24xx series radios, as well as their nR24AP1 integrated single chip baseband processor and radio. The microcontroller and radio chip options will be expanded in the future. Please refer back for updates.      

Signature

For a complete list of frequently asked questions and answers, please view the FAQ user profile by clicking on the FAQ user name. 

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2010-01-19

PM

Is it possible to implement ANT on a standard MSP 430 MCU?

Background:
As far as I understood ANT is a wireless protocol, which is implemented on some chipsets and some modules.
Due to size constraints I can't use any of the available solutions presented on the http://www.thisisant.com website.
Therefore I'm planning to use an MSP430 (exact type depends on memory requirements of the ANT or ANT+ protocol) together with e.g. an Anaren A2500R24AGR module(rf. to http://www.anaren.com/content/File/AIR/A2500R24AGR.cfm for details)

Regards,
Michael      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Hi Michael,

ANT is only available as a chip solution, and its source code is not publicly available. It is not possible to include it with custom implementations.

The most compact ANT solution at this time is the nRF24AP1 and nRF24AP2 with a single IC (QFN 5x5 package) containing both the protocol as well as the RF transceiver radio. You could use this along with an MSP430 as your host MCU. Nordic Semiconductor can provide assistance with the RF design to fit your particular size constraints and enclosure requirements.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

TI is second manufacturer of ANT chips, they product type does already exist, i think its CC2560 (but maybe i recall wrong) there is no info to be found about it at TI website, but some other documentation revealed those part numbers. At this time I
I have no other information, but TI announcement can come soon. Of course TI already supports ANT in generation 6 and 7 of their radio chipset solution for handys.