ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Forum Home → ANT Developer’s Forums → ANTWareII → Thread

Odd sequence required to set Continuous Scanning Mode

Rank

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2015-10-28

PM

I'm using ANTWare II to monitor traffic using Continuous scanning mode. I had this set up and running a couple of days ago (after a bit of newbie trial and error) and saved the Device Profile just so I could come back to this state. Today I loaded the profile, (I thought I hit all the appropriate 'Set' buttons), Opened in Scan Mode, started up my traffic and, uh, nothing received on ANTWare.

So after more experimentation and even trying the applet that comes with the Continuous Scanning demo (with no luck by the way), I finally simply did an Auto Open on ANTWare, tried the traffic, nothing, but then, hit Close and then hit Open In Scan Mode. Now it works.

Why? (or Why Not?)

I'm using an N5 USB stick with ANTWare.

Tom      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 744

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi Tom,

The "Auto-Open" button also applies all of the required channel parameters (channel assignment, channel freq, channel ID, etc) before opening the channel. Just opening the scan mode or loading the saved device profile does not also apply the settings.      
Rank

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2015-10-28

PM

Well, yeah, but what doesn't make sense is that I thought I hit all of the 'apply' buttons after loading the profile. Maybe I missed one, but I didn't think so. And it's certainly easy to hit Auto-Open, close, then open scan mode. It's just not intuitively obvious.

Thanks for the reply,
Tom