Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Pls help me answer my questions

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2023-06-11

PM

"Prior to my supposed behavior getting me into (further) problems, I'm asking for proof. Although it isn't stated directly in the Ant Burst documentation, it appears that if I enable advanced burst on the master device, it is immediately negotiated on the slave or reduced if it isn't supported.
- Is this behavior appropriate?
- How can I tell if my slave device supports advanced bursting in the right way?"      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 370

Joined 2012-06-27

PM

You are correct that this is automatic: See "Advanced burst transfer is backwards compatible with devices that do not support this data type: if an advanced burst transfer is attempted with a device without this capability, the transfer will be downgraded to a normal burst transfer provided that a key property is not marked as required. This includes all advanced burst configuration options, including retry count extension and stall count." from section 9.5.2.27 of the ANT Message Protocol and Usage document.

"How can I tell if my slave device supports advanced bursting in the right way?" If you are referring to an ANT slave where the device you are writing SW for is an ANT master, then you do not need to know. You just try as advanced with the properties not marked as required and it will fall back on normal burst if not supported by the ANT slave connected.

You may also wish to read the ANT AN Burst Transfers document if you have not already. In particular section 8.      

Signature

Ian Haigh