ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Real time sensor network

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-06-12

PM

Hi, everyone,

I am currently evaluating ANT and Gazell (protocol of Nordic Semi) in order to create a 12-node real time sensor network.

There are two important points of my system,
1- Real time system
2- All the data get at the same time will be sent to the hub and then compared with a reference node by DSP.

So here are the questions. Can I use ANT to create a real time system or a system with a very low latency? Is it possible that one ANT chip communicate with 10 or 12 nodes?

Thanks very much!

Best regards,

Hao      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2012-08-31

PM

Hi HaoX,

Yes. You could consider using continuous scanning mode for the hub device, and asynchronous transmit channels for your 12 sensors. (You could also use synchronous channels on the sensors depending how 'real-time' you want the system to be.)

You will also need to consider power consumption, range, and data rates to check that this ANT solution would work well for you.

Kind regards,

Kat      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-06-12

PM

Hello,

It is better to get a real "real time" system, I want to reduce the latency as much as I can. But how can I realize a system consisting of 1 host and 12 nodes? Take nRF24AP2-8CH as an example, it supports up to 8 ANT channels. Do you know what the latency will be if I use 1 host and 12 nodes?

Thank you for your response.

Best regards,

Hao

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 296

Joined 0

PM

What are your latency requirements, i.e. how many microseconds/milliseconds/...?
"Realtime" and "as much as I can" are quite flexible terms that can mean everything from picoseconds to seconds.

Cheers,
OMB