Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

INTEGRATING ANT TO MOBILE APP FOR PEER-TO-PEER COMMUNICATION

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2016-11-05

PM

Hi. I have developed an app using actionscript 3.0 for android and wanted to integrate ANT wireless communication to the app such that if two different users of the app select similar qualities on the app and they are close to each other, then apps through ANT sensors search and find that the data from both phones match, then the phones will vibrate. Please any advice or suggestions on how to approach this would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

I have never used ActionScript 3, but you can do this by using the ANT SDK to run a master channel and a slave channel on each phone. If you are not already familiar with how ANT works, I would take a look at the video on the Developer Page, and follow the guide on the ANT Basics page.      
Rank

Joined 2016-11-05

PM

Thanks a lot for the feedback let me try that. Thanks again      
Rank

Joined 2016-11-05

PM

Thanks for the info. of how to go about it. I have gone through it and it seems very straight-foward (the binding to service and all the other steps). But I still have a problem with the android-ANT library, I have tried importing it to my flash project which i have used actionScript to code but when I try importing the ANT library it tells me it cannot read it. So I have gone online and checked on actionScript compatability but im still not sure. Is the android_ANT lib only compatible to android apps that are java coded? it being a .jar file? or are there other android-ANT lib that can be used with other languages? Thanks in advance      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi,

The Android ANT Library is only available as a .jar. Does ActionScript offer any way to access libraries native to Android/Java?

This StackOverflow post suggests there might be a way, but it's for a command line library...