Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT+ FEC

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2023-09-18

PM

I would like to know about the ANT+ and Fitness equipment control (FEC) of bike trainers. Can anyone guide me on how can I read data via the built-in ANT+ sensors in the trainer directly into a Unity environment, possibly by a C# or Python code?      
Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2022-04-10

PM

I created some NuGet packages and an open source project on Github that may be useful.
NuGet - search for "smallearthtech".
Github link - https://github.com/StephenHidem/AntPlus.

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2023-08-14

PM

bloxd io
Sarah3977 - 19 September 2023 06:22 AM
I would like to know about the ANT+ and Fitness equipment control (FEC) of bike trainers. Can anyone guide me on how can I read data via the built-in ANT+ sensors in the trainer directly into a Unity environment, possibly by a C# or Python code?

To read data from the ANT+ sensors in the trainer directly into a Unity environment, you will need an ANT+ USB stick to connect to your computer and an ANT+ library for Unity. There are some assets in the Unity Asset Store that claim to support ANT+ communication, such as Advanced ANT+, but I have not tested them personally. Another option is to use an older version of Unity that is only 32 bit, such as 5.6.7, and use the Windows ANT+ library from the downloads page.      
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2023-10-26

PM

Sarah3977 - 19 September 2023 06:22 AM
I would like to know about the ANT+ and Fitness equipment control (FEC) of bike trainers. Can anyone guide me on how can I read data via the built-in ANT+ sensors in the trainer directly into a Unity environment, possibly by a C# or Python code? foodle

Although I have not personally tested them, several components in the Unity Asset Store, including Advanced ANT+, make the claim that they support ANT+ communication. Using the Windows ANT+ library from the downloads page and an earlier, 32-bit version of Unity, like 5.6.7, provides an additional alternative.