Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Android phones for new API

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

The press release for the new Android API mentions a few Sony Xperia phones. I am wondering are there others that work as well or is it limited to those few phones listed in the release at this time?      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

You can find more information on phones announced to date, and access to developer resources, here
http://www.thisisant.com/pages/developer-zone/android-api      
Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2010-11-25

PM

Hello,

I was really excited, when I heard that the Sony Ericson Xperia Family is getting access to ANT. Now it really annoys me that the only the cheap mobile phones (X10mini, X10mini pro, X8) have ANT now and my more expansive X10i is not on the list. Is there a technical reason, why the normal X10 mobile phones don’t have ANT?

Best regards
Berthold      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2010-08-27

PM

Hi Berthold
The support for ANT+ in the phones is dependent on the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth component from Texas Instruments. The X10i is building on another, higher end mobile platform and also has a Bluetooth solution from another supplier. This makes it impossible to support ANT+. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Quite a few phones released this year in all segments (high to low smartphones) will have ANT+ support.
Regards,
KÃ¥re, Sony Ericsson