0dbm.
so should i change it manualy or there is something else to do
thanks      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Hello,

Please note that only some modules and chips support a 4 dBm transmission power. ANTware II does not currently automatically support setting the transmission power to 4 dBm, however you can configure the transmission power manually using the 'Manual' tab on the far left side. Simply manually type the bytes of the message that you wish to send (found in ANT Message Protocol and Usage), and you can set the transmission power yourself.

Cheers      
Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2011-06-28

PM

thanks for the reply,
the problem that i tried to use 0dbm power, and i expect to give
me a distance at least 20 meter. But what i actually found, that it was less than 10 meter.
so is that normal, or it should be more
thanks      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

I can't really answer that question because the distance between ANT nodes is completely dependent on your design, and other factors including RF environment, antenna orientation etc. You will have to test yourself in order to find the distance to transmit power correlation for your specific case.      
Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2011-06-28

PM

The place where i test the modules, doesn't have other RF signals
that why i expect more distance.

but what is the expected distance if i used 0 dbm transmit power
(i'm using ANT AT3 module with an AP2 module, if the environment conditions are good.

thanks      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

You will have to test yourself in order to find the distance to transmit power correlation for your specific case.