ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Raw Acceleration Data Burst

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

Hi Ants,

is there a handy way to convince an ANT+ enabled footpod/sensor to transmit raw sensor data?

Many thanks,

d0m      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Hi,

Could you elaborate what exactly you mean by this? ANT+ sensors always transmit their data according to the ANT+ device profiles.

Cheers,

Kassandra      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Hi Kassandra,

many thanks for your quick reply. I was referring to whether time series of raw x-,y-, and z-acceleration-data are obtainable from an ant+ foot pod. The data I get from the sensor are predigested.

I was asking because I want to use the sensor at a different body position, torso, in order to get information on, e.g., upper body tilt.

Best

d0m      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2008-11-21

PM

Hi d0m,
the ANT+ sensor only transmits information according to the ANT+ SDM profile (which you can access via the developer zone).

Sounds like you are wanting a custom sensor to transmit custom data stream?

S      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Hi boucousis,

many thanks for your answer. I was expecting that.

Yep, looks like I will have to use and integrate a custom sensor here. What would be the best approach to that?

I'm thinking of marrying an acceleration sensor, a battery-powered arduino board and an ANT+ transceiver chip. If bandwith suffices, the latter uses burst mode to transmit raw data to ANT+ enabled Smartphone. If not, some preprocessing has to happen on Arduino (and transmit, e.g., only tilt angle).

Best

d0m