Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

I can not keep sleep state in cc2571 (Shared Channel)

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2009-02-04

PM

I can not keep sleep state in cc2571 chip. (I have read and reread the document AN13 power states).
The cc2571 is configured in shared mode Channel with a period of 100 Hz, we have implemented in hardware line of sleep, but only stays in sleep when the channel is closed, however if the channel is open and there is no traffic to 100Hz remains in sleep. Please can help me break into sleep and stay until we liberate the line sleep.

thank you very much

Carlos      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Are you using synchronous or asynchronous communication?

Please note that sleep only happens in between serial transmissions, i.e., you are using the sleep line to indicate that you will not be using the serial port. RF activity will still bring the chip to active state. So, while using the sleep line, you would be switching back and forth between sleep and active states.

Is your channel configured as a shared master or shared slave? Also note that if you are configured as a shared slave, even if you are not receiving data matching the shared address, there is RF activity (i.e., all messages sent by the shared master are received by the radio, but only those matching the slave's address are passed on to the host).