Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Forum Home → ANT Developer’s Forums → ANTWareII → Thread

New user question

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-05-09

PM

Greetings,

I've just received an ANT developer's kit in connection with a research project, and I've gone through the user's manual to connect modules and have been successful in establishing communications. However, I cannot seem to get the I/O board to communicate with ANTware II. I've gone through all the steps for the SensRware script setup, and the module does communicate with ANTware, it just doesn't reflect any changes in the message packets when the I/O buttons are pressed.

I also setup a potentiometer configuration, again following the script and network settings, and it does communicate properly but doesn't reflect any changes in data from the changes at the potentiometer.

Any advice?

Kevin      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Hi Kevin,

Did you make sure that your switches on the battery board are configured as in the user manual? The switches should be configured as shown on page 29.

The user manual outlines how to user the SensRcore feature to create a script using digital data so that you may observe changes in data transmitted in ANTware when pushing the buttons on the I/O board. Pages 30-31 of the user manual challenge the reader to create a SensRcore script for analog data using a potentiometer, and provides guidance on the parameters to use in SensRware. However, the script for this demo itself is not provided in the user manual. You will need to configure your own script in order to see changing data using ANTware II.

Cheers,

Kassandra      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-08-15

PM

Hi

I seem to have the same issue as Kevin. I have done as stated in the user manual in pages 30-31 to enable analog data. No changes can be noticed when testing the setup.

Would it be possible for someone to provide a working SensWare script for this?

When trying the digital samle in the user manual and enabling all 4 pushbuttons there is a change in the broadcast. That sample works fine.

All inputs are welcome

Regards
Joakim      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

There is a working sample script using analog data (temperature) in the sample scripts here:
http://www.thisisant.com/pages/developer-zone/sensrcore      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-08-15

PM

Ok Thanks. I'll have a look at it. A sample using a potentiometer would have been perfect but this might work as well.