ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Fitbit Tracker ANT channel Configuration

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

Hi,

Good morning all. Anyone knows the ANT channel configuration(TX type,Device Type, Device number etc.) for a fitbit tracker?

I am trying to connect a fitbit tracker from my sony experia X10 mini android phone.

Any comment/suggesions are appreciated.      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

Hi,

I have successfully connected the fitbit tracker from linux machine through USB driver module. Now I am trying to connect the fitbit tracker using android which creates problem. I have some questions:

1. Fitbit tracker is not in the current ANT+ device profile.Is this the reason that I am failing to retrieve data from tracker?

2. The device profile(Network=1,type=0,device number=0,RF=57,device type=0) is also applicable to all ANT+ devices i try to connect? I used RF=2 for connecting fitbit from linux using python ANT library

3. Does anyone have any success connecting fitbit tracker form any android phone?

Please help me answering these questions.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

The Fitbit uses ANT in a proprietary implementation. In order to get access to the channel parameters and messaging details, you will need to contact the manufacturer directly.

For ANT+ devices, channel parameters and messaging details are documented in the corresponding device profiles.