Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

What is the difference between the transmission type/device type and device number? How do I know what numbers I should use?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 140

Joined 2008-12-09

PM

For a private or a public network, the device type, device number and transmission type can be user defined. As a suggested implementation, the device type is a number that represents the class (or type) of the master device. The device number is a unique number representing a specific master device. The transmission type is a number that represents the different transmission characteristics of a device, this is determined by the manufacturer or pre-defined in an ANT+ network.      

Signature

For a complete list of frequently asked questions and answers, please view the FAQ user profile by clicking on the FAQ user name. 

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2009-10-12

PM

Is it possible to clarify this statement:

"The transmission type is a number that represents the different transmission characteristics of a device, this is determined by the manufacturer or pre-defined in an ANT+ network."

Which transmission characteristics exist?
Where do I find more information?
How and in which way is it pre-defined in an ANT+ network?      
Rank

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2008-11-03

PM

The transmission type is used to define the type of channel (either uni or bi-directional) as well as the global page format (that is, where the global page is within the message, for example, for a shared channel it will be the 3rd byte and not the first). As a receiver you should always wildcard this field when pairing to a particular device.