Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

XPERIA S on Jelly Bean with ANT+  ?

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-02-08

PM

I am trying to connect my hrm to my xperia s on jellybean but i don't know why ant radio keeps on crashing. I managed to connected it once but i rebooted system and it didn't work after that. I don't know what to do. It defenitely can work. Please, help me out because jellybean is much better than ics and I don;t want to come back. Xperia S will definitely have update soon. I don't have any informations whether it Will it support Ant+ or not      
Rank

Joined 2013-02-08

PM

Turns out Bluetooth needs to be turned on. Worked this time. Magic.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-11-30

PM

Hi Maciej,

You do not need to have Bluetooth turned on to use ANT+, but you do need to have turned Bluetooth on since powering on the phone (you can turn it back off again). It looks like Sony has a driver issue on the Xperia S; hopefully it will be fixed in a system update.      
Rank

Joined 2013-02-08

PM

In my case BT got to be turned on all the time. Sometimes I get reboots when on 3g but not when I'm on wifi. Have to look into logcat. Yeah, hope sony will get it right in JB.      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

My Sony Xperia Active has the same issue since it came back from repair with Android 2.3.4 and firmware 4.0.2.A.0.62 installed. Needs to have BT turned on all the time for e.g. MyTracks to connect, while the ANT+ Demo App works all the time. This is strange, since MyTracks' code is based on ANTPlusDemo's AntPlusManager.java.

[UPDATE]: The problem here is opening channels before receiving the ANT_ENABLED_ACTION message. This was OK before ANT Radio Service v3.4, but with the update Sony phones 'may take time to re-enable on app-start', as the release note states.