ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

[Android] Updating the ANT HAL Service?

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-11-24

PM

Hi Harrison,
Can you help me find an updated version of the Ant Hal Service ? I'm looking for the 3.1.1 where all vendors only released 3.0.0 on their latest flagship devices

[Rohan: edited for move to new thread]      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi Adrien,

That's odd, I'll check that gets looked into.

The only source for the ANT HAL Service at this time is on the ANT Wireless GitHub Repo and is intended to be merged with an existing Android build to function properly.

Instructions on how to build the code can be found in the readme on the repo.

Cheers      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-11-30

PM

Hi Adrien,

The ANT HAL Service is a system application, and not an updatable user application. The version in your device is fixed to the system version, just like any of the other Android system pieces. The ANT HAL Service simply provides a connection to the hardware in your device (HAL: Hardware Abstraction Layer), and any functionality updates are provided through the ANT Radio Service.

Cheers,
-Rohan      
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-11-24

PM

Harrison - 27 November 2013 11:18 AM
Hi Adrien,

That's odd, I'll check that gets looked into.

The only source for the ANT HAL Service at this time is on the ANT Wireless GitHub Repo and is intended to be merged with an existing Android build to function properly.

Instructions on how to build the code can be found in the readme on the repo.

Cheers

Great, thanks!
I've already built the code, but due to the certificates I wasn't being able to load the service on an existing rom, but already managed to bypass that.

rohan - 27 November 2013 02:51 PM
Hi Adrien,

The ANT HAL Service is a system application, and not an updatable user application. The version in your device is fixed to the system version, just like any of the other Android system pieces. The ANT HAL Service simply provides a connection to the hardware in your device (HAL: Hardware Abstraction Layer), and any functionality updates are provided through the ANT Radio Service.

Cheers,
-Rohan

Yes, I know, but was in the hope of finding an updated signed version which didn't try to enable Bluetooth when called, but managed bypass that as mentioned before.

I think this thread can be closed/archived if needed

Thank you guys for the support!