ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Forum Home → ANT Developer’s Forums → ANTWareII → Thread

N5 Starter Kit and RSSI

Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2014-05-07

PM

I'm testing ANT+ with a N5 Starter Kit with AntwareII, Ant+ simulator and so on. Everythink is ok and I understood a lot of things.
There is only a point that is not clear to me: the module is able to read RSSI but, in Antware II, I can't flag the MsgRSSI field in the Cfg/Dbg tab. Other two fields, Msgtime Stamp and msgDeviceID are ok.
i even tried to enable the RSSI on the channel configuration without success.

Any idea to help me?

Moreover, and really sorry for the question, what's the meaning of ARCT? I haven' found nothing on the site and docs.

Regards

MP      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 156

Joined 2013-01-07

PM

Hi MP,

The N5 module does have RSSI measurement capability, however it is not accessible when the N5 is loaded with the standalone network processor code (so you cannot access it using ANTWare). RSSI can be enabled in your applications by using the sd_ant_lib_config_set() method.

ARCT stands for ANT Radio Communications Tester, it is a specialized PC controlled test tool designed to test the RF performance of products in a manufacturing environment using ANT.      
Rank

Joined 2014-05-07

PM

So, the problem is inside the processor code? May I dare to ask why the network processor code doesn't pass the RSSI to UART and then to Antware? The processor code is only in hex format, not source, isn't it?

M

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 156

Joined 2013-01-07

PM

It looks like the network processor program does not report the N5 module's RSSI capability accurately to ANTWare.This results in ANTWare disabling the RSSI extended messaging option in the Lib Config message user interface.

There is a workaround, RSSI messaging can be enabled by manually sending a Lib Config message to the module.

To enable RSSI messaging, you must enter the message '00-40' (for just RSSI extended messages) with Msg ID: '0x6E' (Lib Config) in the "Manual" tab in the device panel (See attachment).

We will add a fix so the option is available in the user interface.

Image Attachments

RSSI_N5_Network_Processor.PNG

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Rank

Joined 2014-05-07

PM

Great, it works.

Thanks

MP