ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Forum Home → ANT Developer’s Forums → ANTWareII → Thread

Log file entry for 0x46 Set Network Key

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2014-12-23

PM

Hi. Wondering why the log file does not record the correct value of the network key. I am using ANTwareII to communicate with a Garmin Vector via ANT USB-m stick. Thus, I set the newtork key to [ANT+ Network Key]. However, in the log, this entry shows up as follows:

2357.471 { 103106411} Tx - [A4][09][46][00][00][00][00][00][00][00][00][00][64][00][00]
2357.487 { 103106427} Rx - [A4][03][40][00][46][00][A1]

Note the zeros where the network key should be... Attached is the complete log file as well as a screenshot of the ANTware GUI showing that the network key was set to the correct ANT+ key (also, I would not have been able to pair with the Vector if the key had not been set correctly, and as you can see from the log, pairing was successful). Am I missing something or is this a bug? Perhaps a safety feature? I searched the ANTwareII documentation and the website and nothing came up.

Thanks,
-Jamie

EDIT: Removed ANTware screenshot showing ANT+ network key      

File Attachments

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

This is intentional. Usage of the ANT+ Network Key is restricted by the ANT+ Adopter Agreement.
http://www.thisisant.com/developer/ant-plus/ant-plus-basics/network-keys

Network keys are removed from the logs to prevent unintentionally sharing a protected key.

Note: Your post has been edited to remove the ANT+ Network key.      
Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2014-12-23

PM

Ah, great. Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the mistake.