Welcome guest, please Login or Register

N548 End Of Life?

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Just received an email from Digikey about N548 modules
Dear Valued Digi-Key Customer,

You have purchased the following part numbers from Digi-Key within the last two years. The manufacturer has announced an update to the part status.

Parts Affected
Manufacturer DYNASTREAM INNOVATIONS INC
Description MODULE RF ANT N5 SOC
Manufacturer Part Number N548M8CB-TRAY
Digi-Key Part Number 1094-1011-ND
Status End Of Life
Last Time Buy Date 11/30/2015
Substitutes Please click here
Manufacturer DYNASTREAM INNOVATIONS INC
Description MODULE RF ANT N5 SOC
Manufacturer Part Number N548M5CB-TRAY
Digi-Key Part Number 1094-1013-ND
Status End Of Life
Last Time Buy Date 11/30/2015
Substitutes Please click here

The substitute links suggests an AP2 module. Hopefully there's a better substitute that Digikey is simply unaware of IF, IF the eol is valid      
Rank

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2012-08-13

PM

Hi Neil,

N548 has been EOLed and is substituted with N550 module using nRF51422-CEAA V3 chip and loaded with S210 V5.0.0 SoftDevice. The product webpage should be updated today. We informed our distributors a week ago in advance about this move. Apparently, you got their notice but I am surprised that N550, as well as transition recommendations, is not mentioned or easily missed.

Please check the N5 module webpage later today. If any questions, do not be hesitated to post here.

Regards,
Thomas      
Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

I assumed that there was a miscommunication and something better was coming!

But here's what Digikey is showing when click substitute lin:
EOL or Obsolete Part

For further information on pricing, stock status or available data sheets, please click on the part number link(s) below.

EOL or Obsolete Part
Manufacturer Part Number Digi-Key Part Number Description Manufacturer Lead Content RoHS Status
N548M8CB-TRAY 1094-1011-ND MODULE RF ANT N5 SOC DYNASTREAM INNOVATIONS INC Lead free RoHS Compliant

Possible Substitutes
Manufacturer Part Number Digi-Key Part Number Description Manufacturer Lead Content RoHS Status
ANTAP281M5IB 1094-1004-ND MOD RF ANT NRF24AP2-8CH W/CONN DYNASTREAM INNOVATIONS INC Lead free RoHS Compliant

Hopefully you can get them to update it!
Thanks
Neil      
Rank

Joined 2012-08-13

PM

I have to take my message back that the product webpage would be updated today. I promise to get this done tomorrow.

Thanks for the feedback re Digikey.

Thomas      
Rank

Joined 2012-08-13

PM

For those who follow this thread and are eager to see the updated page, the webpage has been updated.

I think for most of you, all you need is the datasheet and the complete product change notice regarding N548 EOL and transition to N550. They are in the tech source tab.       [ Edited: 12 August 2015 03:21 PM by thomas zhao ]