ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

CC2571 When is it active

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2015-07-20

PM

Hi there,

I have a quite annoying problem in my current CC2571 based design.
I have a power meter design with strain gauges and when the CC2571 is in transmit mode, it somehow feeds back to my strain gauge amplifier front end and it saturates my ADC readings.
At the moment when the CC2571 wakes up for its 250ms events (4hz rate) I avoid performing ADC readings during this period.
I would like to know when the CC2571 will perform a transmit after I send a TX packet command over UART.
Will it wait for the next 250ms aligned interval? Or will the CC2571 go into TX mode immediately?
Also is this setting configurable?

I would basically like to avoid having the CC2571 active while performing strain gauge measurements.

Eoin      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi Eoin,

An ANT Master Channel only transmits at the channel period you have specified (with some leeway for coexistence), which for bike power is ~4Hz. There are also very small RX windows in front of and behind the transmission as well, and there could be some transmissions after the TX if any bi-directional communication is occurring. However, there will still be large gaps between each channel period event.

Cheers