ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Fail to download code into a N548M8CB

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-11-12

PM

Dear all,

Last months we have started working with the nRF51 chip from Nordic. Development using their Eval Kit has been fine. No major issue at all. Then we got third party modules from Dynastream, the M548M8CB that embeds the nRF51422_xxAA. Unfortunatelly till now I simply have failed to download our code into it:

You may help me understand what happens here:

Under the MDK 5.12 + ULINK2 connected to the nRF51 3rd party module and that latter is powered on under 3,3v (see picture attached):

- The SWD is detected
- When we try to erase the whole chip: it tells us
"Full Chip Erase Done."
- When we try to download the application code (s110+app), it tells us
"Erase Failed!"
"Error: Flash Download failed - "Cortex-M0"

Do you have any hint of the reason of that 2 messages?
Is there reason that could restrict our download into that Dysnastream module?

For note, our development platform is up-and-running and we are skilled guys in embedded software on ARM Cortex M (0,2 and 4).

I thank you for help
Best regards,
Thierry      

Image Attachments

ULINK2_N548M5CB_small.JPG

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 744

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Dear Thierry,

While I do not have ULINK2 on-hand, typically issues I see with programming the module tend to crop up from setting up the flash target. I've attached a few images which may help. The target driver should be set to nRF51xxx.

Best regards,
Harrison      

Image Attachments

Screen_Shot_2015-11-13_at_2.45.04_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2015-11-13_at_2.47.50_PM.png

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-11-12

PM

Dear Harrison,
I thank you for your time,
On my web page I do not have any access to the pictures you mentioned (I am under linux debian 8.6 with iceweasel, other web browsers do the same)
Best regards,
Thierry

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 744

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Dear Thierry,

I have been notified that the attachments should be working now, could you please take another look and see if you can load them?

Best regards,
Harrison