Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

N548 Issue with Custom App

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2016-02-01

PM

I am using the N548M8CB on a custom pcb with my own application (basically a modified version of one of Nordic's example application). The application works as expected on the Nordic nRF51DK, but when I program the N548M8CB Module (both the Soft device and the App) the N548M8CB does not appear to work at all... in other words I see no BLE advertisement, etc.

I went through Dynastream's documentation and I cannot see any real differences from a hardware perspective and so I am stumped at why it is not working. Does anyone have any idea as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Sam      
Rank

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2012-08-13

PM

Section 2.3 and 2.4 of the module datasheet talks about re-programming. Please make sure you don't miss anything.

Thomas      
Rank

Joined 2016-02-01

PM

Good day Thomas,
Indeed, I read those sections several times. I am using the SWD interface and so I performed the "Erase all" within the nRFgo application and then programmed the softdevice (S110) and then the application. Each programmed fine and I performed a verify which was successful. Would I have to make any changes to the Nordic example source to make it work on the N548? I am assuming not, but perhaps this is a wrong assumption.
Thank you once again for your assistance!
Cheers,
Sam      
Rank

Joined 2016-02-01

PM

Good day Thomas,

I found out my issue...The issue is that the nRF51DK's uses a nRF51422-CFAC part which has 32K of RAM whereas the N548 uses the nRF51422-CEAA part which only has 16K of RAM. As a consequence I had to change the linker file to reflect the lower RAM size and once I did that the N548 works as expected.

My apologies for bothering you with something I should have known!

Cheers,

Sam      
Rank

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2012-08-13

PM

Hi Sam,

No need to apologize. I should have thought of this and remind you.

I guess you know that we do have N5150 module which uses nRF51422-CFAC with 32K RAM and is pin compatible with N548. N548 is already end of life and is replaced by N550.

Regards,
Thomas      
Rank

Joined 2016-02-01

PM

Good day Thomas,

Thank you for your understanding!

Indeed, I know the N548 is EOL... I had already bought a few of N548's last Fall and so I just wanted to confirm operation of my prototypes. For production the N550's will be the way we will be going. Although in one way I am kind of glad I got "bit" by this, as this forced me to double check a bunch of my work and my tools.

Thanks again for your prompt responses!

Cheers,

Sam