ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

INVALID_REQUEST when setting RF frequency on Android

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2014-02-18

PM

Hi everyone,
I am experiencing a strange behaviour when trying to open a channel with a RF frequency of 2488MHz using the Android antlib (version C.B5). I manage to acquire the channel, assign it and set the channel ID, however I get stuck when attempting to set the RF frequency using an offset value of 88.

Digging a little deeper, I discovered by querying the channel capabilities that the range of radio frequencies allowed (seemingly by the ANT Radio Service) range from a min value of 2 to a max value of 80. Nonetheless, if I remember well, the ANT Message Protocol and Usage document allows for value ranging from 0 o 124 as legal frequency offsets.

Am I missing something? I experience the same behaviour both on Android devices with an integrated ANT chip and using an USB adapter.

Any help (or any hint about how to come closer to a solution) would be very appreciated. Thank you in advance for your kind attention.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 744

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi,

The legal range of the 2.4 GHz ISM band is from ~2402-2480 MHz, so the API restricts it to as such to maintain compliance.      
Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2014-02-18

PM

Thank you very much for your support! I didn't think about that, I was required to use that frequency by more "knowledgeable" people, so I assumed they had investigated on such limitations before making unsatisfiable requests.

Additionally on environments other than Android no one ever complained about anything, so I believed it was my mistake. Good to know that the antlib library for Android enforces compliance with regulations.

Thanks again for your answer, I owe you one!      
Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2016-05-08

PM

What about Europe?      
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2017-07-09

PM

Yeah what about upper frequencies? Can I use it in Europe? How?