Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT N5 Starter Kit USB Driver is not installing on Windows 10

Rank

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2015-01-28

PM

Hi,
I am Using N5 device kit.
and Trying to connect using Antware II 4.1 or my software .its neither detecting not connecting.
its working fine on Antware 3.2 (windows XP) detecting and connecting both.on Device Manager of windows xp it display Ant USB Device (as a known device).

on Windows XP or Windows 7 on my old software it is detected and connected
.but on new software its detected but not communicate(not receiving/transmitting data) .
on Windows 10 with new software or Antware 4.1 , N5 (ANT UIF ver3) not detected not connected

I have tried to install driver Windows 10 as per User Manual using ANT USB Express but it is displaying error as specific INF file is not present on installation .(attached image for error display)

Also I have attached images displayed on My PC on Device Manager(Windows 10).
when i use Ant USB 2 Stick its communicate on all Operating system(xp,7,10).

Please how to solve this issue?

[ Edited: 27 January 2016 06:57 AM by Shrikant thorat ]

Image Attachments

2016-01-27_18h15_26.png2016-01-27_18h16_46.png

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

@Shrikant thorat, the attached images aren't showing. Can you email to support'at'thisisant.com and we can have a look?      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2015-01-28

PM

I have replied by mail on .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) for images concern.
      [ Edited: 05 February 2016 05:30 AM by Shrikant thorat ]
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

@Shrikant thorat,
We received your email with pictures and will follow up there. We can post the result here when we figure it out.

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-07-11

PM

I'm getting the same error on Windows 10. I tried installing the driver manually from device manager, and I get this error:

The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering.

It looks like I may be to install it by going into the bios and disabling Secure Boot, then disabling driver signing in Windows.      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

The ANT USB 1 Driver used with the development board is for development use and is not signed. On Windows 10 in order to use this driver you must disable driver signature enforcement to install the driver.

Alternatively, if you are connected to the internet and have completely removed the unsigned drivers from the computer including the driver store (or never used them in the first place), the dev board should be recognized by windows update and install the signed driver.      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-07-11

PM

Thanks, ShaneG. I'm setting this up on a new device, so I tried that, but it comes up in Device Manager without a driver, and when I right-click and choose Update Driver, I get "Windows was unable to install your Dynastream ANT USB Development Board". Is there something else I can to do get the signed driver from Windows Update?      

Image Attachments

2016-09-15_22_52_42-Dynastream_ANT_USB_Development_Board_Properties.png2016-09-15_22_52_56-Update_Driver_Software_-_Dynastream_ANT_USB_Development_Board.png

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

I don't have a quick answer for you at the moment, but if you want you could try to find a signed SiLabs CP210x driver and it might work if you manually install that driver for the board.

Or just disable the driver signature enforcement - when you do that you only need to do it temporarily and install the driver for that board, then if you reboot it should stay installed (just use the same USB port for the board).      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 0

PM

I had the same problem and resolved it by disabling the driver signature enforcement on my Lenovo Tablet X1. However, it is somewhat involved as you need to re-boot your machine into recovery mode, select what you want (7 or F7 to disable driver enforcement), and the machine reboots. Now, you can select the device from the Device Manager, upgrade the driver option, look for drivers locally, and point at the xxx_ANT_USB_Drivers, and the driver will install automagically, and your device will be visible under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" as ANT USB Device. BTW, i'm using ANTUIF Version 3.0