ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT enabled device with ANT usb stick

Rank

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2014-09-10

PM

Hi everyone
Just a simple question, on an ANT enabled device is it possible to use the usb stick? For instance, i got a Sony tablet that work nice on a 2-3 meters range, on another cheap android tablet that hasn't built in ANT, with the usb stick (the tacx one) the range seems to be 9-10 meters. My doubt is that the Sony tablet has the same range with or without the stick so it seems its not using the usb stick hardware when connected. Is there a way to understand which hardware the tablet is using?

Thanks
Max      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 149

Joined 2014-04-02

PM

The ANT in Mobile Phones forum is probably a better place for this. The answer is that ANT channels will first be taken from the built-in adapter.

What are you trying to do?

If this is in your own app and you are using the ANT API (not ANT+), you want AntChannelProvider.acquireChannelFromAdapter()

Alternatively, to simply test the behaviour of internal vs USB: Open 8 ANT channels (you can use the Acquire Channels Sample in the ANT SDK) to use all the internal channels, and then any additional channels will be from the USB stick.

-Rohan
      [ Edited: 02 November 2016 10:07 AM by arrgh ]

Signature

blackramlabs.com

Rank

Joined 2014-09-10

PM

Thanks Rohan

Yes, is in our app, ANT api (not ANT+).
AntChannelProvider.acquireChannelFromAdapter() will help to be sure the channel is on the usb adapter.

Max

Rank

Joined 2014-09-10

PM

Can you please help to configure the AntChannelProvider.acquireChannelFromAdapter() method?

How can I create the AdapterInfo to acquire the channel? Do you have any examples?

Thanks
Max      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 149

Joined 2014-04-02

PM

Hi Max,

You first have to get an AntAdapterProvider from AntService.getAdapterProvider(). You then ask this to getAdaptersInfo(Context)

-Rohan      

Signature

blackramlabs.com

Rank

Joined 2014-09-10

PM

Thanks Rohan

It worked and now i can acquire channels from the adapter.

Max