ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Forum Home → ANT Developer’s Forums → ANTWareII → Thread

RSSi Testing

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-08-20

PM

I am working on the ANT protocol for a product we've developed, called RunScribe [a shoe-worn running sensor], and am seeing some issues on Fenix 5 watches with our ANT [not +] Connect IQ datafield app. Performance is *solid* on the 935, 235, and 735XT.

I'm interested in quantifying the RSSi from the pods, and have searched the forum, finding mostly older threads on this topic.

I generally use my USB-m ANT Stick, along with Dynastream's ANTWare II program to see packets, but as I understand it, the USB-m stick doesn't support RSSi.
Wondering what the best option is? I've looked at the N5 mentioned in 2015 threads, but am wondering if there is anything more recent that would be a better fit for the job?

Thanks!
-Tim      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 744

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi Tim,

You could use the D52 SK Module and a USB Interface Board (ANTUIF1) to do the RSSI collection using ANTware. They come bundled together in the D52DK2 starter kit, or you can purchase them separately from distributors such as DigiKey.

Cheers,
Harrison      
Rank

Joined 2013-08-20

PM

Thanks Harrison,

I've received my D52SK today from DigiKey. Could you tell me how, via ANTWare II to enable the RSSi extensions? I'm struggling with the UI to find where to do so. The one place that seemed correct (Cfg/Debug), has msgRSSI greyed out [not selectable].

Thanks!
-Tim      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

This looks like a bug in ANTware. To work around it for now you can set the extended messaging manually instead.

Device > Manual > Write Message Button

In the field above the Write Message Button, replace "00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00" with "00-40" to only enable RSSI, and fill Msg ID with "6E", and then click on the Write Message button to send the Lib Config message to the device.

You should then immediately see the RSSI extended messaging fields appear on the side.      
Rank

Joined 2013-08-20

PM

Thanks, that did the trick!
I had seen the 00-40 in another thread, but missed the 6E.

Cheers,
-Tim      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Glad to hear it smile