ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Steps from Monitoring File

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2016-12-02

PM

Hi--

I have 4 MonitoringMesg FIT files which summarize a day. According to the documentation, each of these files includes a baseline for steps, and then represent the steps from that point on.

However, what I am noticing is that the first file of the day does not contain a 0-step baseline, and thus the first record my code finds is assumed to be the baseline, hence each of my days is off by about 100 steps.

I've looked through the documentation and data and nothing is jumping out at me. Is there a way to know whether that first record is a baseline or not? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Eric      
RankRankRank

Total Posts: 68

Joined 0

PM

Hi Eric,
At the start of the file there are a series of "monitoring" messages that share the same timestamp as the "monitoring_info" message. If this header block of messages do not contain a value for cycles it should be safe to assume that the initial value is 0.

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2016-12-02

PM

Hi--

I must be missing something, because I seem to always see some of those MonitoringMesg with cycles per message. Is there more to the algorithm specified? Is there a sample somewhere I could see? Please let me know. Thanks!

Eric