Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

RX scanning mode

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

I'm working with the AT3 ANT11TS33M5IB module and I'm trying to get into the continuously scanning mode.
I've setup a USB wireless node as RX bidirectional receive channel that is opened with the "open RX scan mode" command.

3 Masters are setup with
- the same RF frequency: 2466 MHz
- the same Channel ID
- different device numbers
- message rate of 8 Hz
- device type & transmission type = 1

I would like to receive from multiple devices simultaneously.

Seperatly they all work. When I set up the device nr 01 in the slave, the slave is communicating with device nr 01.

So my question is, how do I receive from multiple devices simultaneoulsy with continuously scanning mode? Which configuration do I need for the masters and slave?

Thanks in advance.      
Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2009-12-11

PM

Hi Wing,

what exactly is working / not working?

You have setup Your AT3 in continuous scan mode and can receive only from one of the three devices?
Have You enabled extended messages to be able to distinguish masters in continuous scan mode?

Can You use the code example from ANT? Does it work?

Are You at least sure the module supports continuous scanning? I don't see that in the specs.

I use the AP2 modules and found no secret in getting it scan by now...

Best Regards,

Peter      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

I think that is the problem, AT3 does not support scanning mode. I wasn't sure about that. Thank you.

Best regards,

Wing      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

The ANT11TS33M5IB does support the continuous scanning mode.
You can confirm this by requesting the device capabilities, and looking for the CAPABILITIES_SCAN_CHANNEL_ENABLED bit in the response.

You can find details on configuring a channel in scanning mode in the application note "AN14 Continuous Scanning Mode for Asynchronous Topologies", in the DevZone
http://www.thisisant.com/pages/support/developer-zone

If you want to receive from multiple devices, make sure you are setting your channel ID appropiately (i.e. wild carding the device number).      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2018-12-20

PM

Hi,

I know ANT_OpenRxScanMode() (Message ID: 0x5B) that is to have the radio is active in receive mode 100% of
the time is available on ANT11TSx3MxIB. However, I am using ANTAP1MxIB and nRF24AP1 which do not support this command. How do I go about doing this with ANTAP1MxIB and nRF24AP1? I was thinking to Open the channel with Open Channel (0x4B) command and Request Message (0x4D) in an infinite loop.

Regards,