ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Network Key for multiple Ant+ dongles

RankRank

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2020-01-26

PM

Hi,
I want to set up multiple channels on multiple Ant+ dongles on a raspberry pi (e.g. to receive data from 12 heart rate monitors). When I set up an Antnode per usb dongle, I need to pass the serial (address of the dongle) and a network key. I saw, that everywhere the network key *** is used to set up an Antnode.

On https://www.thisisant.com/developer/ant-plus/ant-plus-basics/network-keys it is written:

"The ANT+ network key is 8 hex values and is shown below:
***"

Does this mean, that I have to set up multiple antnodes with the same network key?

Best regards

RankRank

Joined 2020-01-26

PM

Hi all,
found the answer myself. If I want to use the ANT+ network I have to use the corresponding ANT+ network key. This is not an identification but rather a security messure and access control.

I found the following description in the document ANT Message Protocol and Usage the following paragraph:
5.2.5.2 Network Key
The network key is an 8-byte number that uniquely identifies a network and can provide a measure of security and access control. (...) Only channels with identical valid network keys may communicate with each other. (...)

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 370

Joined 2012-06-27

PM

Redacted ANT+ network key. Please refrain from sharing the network key as this is a violation of the Adopter Agreement.      

Signature

Ian Haigh

RankRank

Joined 2020-01-26

PM

sorry for the inconvenience and thx for redacting the network key.