Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Forum Home → ANT Developer’s Forums → ANTWareII → Thread

Send broadcast to set Bike Power

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2020-03-31

PM

Hi,

I am using a Monark Bike (bike setting on Power Only). With SimulAnt+ I am able to receive the data and with Antware II also, so using my pc as a slave to receive the data is working correctly. Now I would like to send a command to the bike to change the power.

I refered to the doc to see the Message Format, so for the Power-only message byte 0 should be 0x10. So I send a broadcast like that :

10 : Power only
01 : first event
FF : pedal power not use
FF : instantanous cadence no available
4B : for 75 Watts for accumulated power LSB
4B : for 75 Watts for accumulated power MSB
4B : for 75 Watts for Instantaneous power LSB
4B : for 75 Watts for Instantaneous power MSB

It does not work and I also set the when I send the brodcast, my last byte increment at each time... What does it mean, in the doc the 8 bytes is for instantaneous power....

Thank you for you help.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 370

Joined 2012-06-27

PM

The bike power profile only allows the bike to send measured power to the display, not the display to control the resistance. To control resistance the bike must implement the FE-C profile and you must send the commands defined by this profile.      

Signature

Ian Haigh

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-06-27

PM

The last byte increment is a feature for ANTwareII master under Messaging->General. You should instead be implementing a slave in ANTwareII to connect to your bike, so this shouldn't be relevant.

In SimulANT+ you should be choosing the "Bike Power Display" or "Fitness Equipment Display" simulator type.      

Signature

Ian Haigh

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-06-27

PM

"Fitness Equipment Display" in SimulANT+ has "SendBasicResistance..." under "Actions" to control resistance or "SendTargetPower..." to set a target power.      

Signature

Ian Haigh