ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

load ANT assemblies in .net Core 3.1

Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2020-02-04

PM

Hi

Did anyone tried and / or succeeded to use the ANT_DLL .net assembly in a .Net Core 3.1 project ?

I'm succesfully using it in .Net 4.7, but as soon as I try to load it in a .NEt COre 3.1 app I have a BadImageFormatException.

If the current DLL is not compatible with .NET Core, are there any plans to create one ?

Thanks in advance

Regards      
Rank

Joined 2020-02-04

PM

I'm keeping you updated on my researchs

I recompiled a ANT_NET.dll targeting .net core 3.1 and specifically X64 platforms.

I compiled all my test app targeting X64 only.

Now I don't have an error when I try to call the ANT_NET dll , it goes a little bit further I'v got a badimageformatexception at this point :

ANT_Managed_Library.ANT_Common.ANT_GetNumDevices()\r\n at ANT_Managed_Library.ANT_Device..ctor()

If anyone has a clue I'd be grateful

Thanks      
Rank

Joined 2020-02-04

PM

OK It seems to work if all my assemblies are targetting 32 bits, is there any plan to create some 64 bit assemblies ? (I've found answers in 2016 saying there are not , but i may have changed wink )

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2018-07-31

PM

It's getting harder and harder to write an application that's 32-bit. Many dependencies these days are 64-bit only, e.g. TensorFlow. ANT is going to get left behind unless you commit to releasing 64-bit versions of the ANT libraries.

Personally, I'm looking at moving my app to 64-bit so I can use TensorFlow, which will mean dropping ANT support.

If you're not going to, or lack the developer resources, why not open-source and let us do it ourselves?      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2022-07-12

PM

Thank you for the information.