Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT+ not working on BlueFruit nRF52832… Update SoftDevice?

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2018-11-14

PM

Hi, I'm a newbie with these devices and ANT+ programming... I got my whole project almost done, working thru BLE... But I want to support ANT+...

I have a BlueFruit nRF52832, programmed thru Arduino IDE... The only bootloader and softdevice I have in choice is at arduino platform is S132 6.1.1 ... So ¿I CAN'T USE ANT+? Right?

I got S323 softdevice (also S212 to try just ANT+) from this page... But the ZIP file contains only the HEX file...
The bootloader folder, in arduino, has an HEX file but also a ZIP FILE that is what Arduino IDE burns to the board... (I tried to rename the HEX file to cheat it, but still burns ZIP file)
That ZIP file contains 3 files: "manifest.json", "sd_bl.bin" and "sd_bl.dat"

¿Any way to get a ZIP file like that for S332 softdevice?

¿Or any way to update bootloader to Bluefruit nRF52832 to S332 and continue programming thru arduino/VS2013?

I am kind of stuck at this point... I am not able to make ANT+ working.. Any simple example...
Please I would thank any advice or help, to keep working in...      
Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2020-04-16

PM

commenting to restart thread. if anyone has any updates please post. i will be working on this myself in the coming weeks and will post anything i find out.      
Rank

Joined 2020-04-16

PM

I was able to create a dfu package containing the bin, dat, and json files using the adafruit-nrfutil. I do not have a method to successfully burn this s332 bootloader to the bluefruit. If anyone has done this successfully I would love to hear your thoughts.      
Rank

Joined 2020-04-16

PM

Ok I successfully flashed the 332 softdevice to my bluefruit feather. I will post with instructions on how to later. The problem is now since adafruit's board support package (BSP) does not support the 332 softdevice, I cannot get code to compile using Arduino IDE. I get the following error:

Sketch uses 23200 bytes (7%) of program storage spaceMaximum is 290816 bytes.
Global 
variables use 3252 bytes (6%) of dynamic memoryleaving 48972 bytes for local variablesMaximum is 52224 bytes.
Upgrading target on COM7 with DFU package C:\Users\drewv\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_305601\Blink.ino.zipFlow control is disabledSingle bankTouch disabled
Timed out waiting 
for acknowledgement from device.

Failed to upgrade targetError isNo data received on serial portNot able to proceed.
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "nordicsemi\__main__.py"line 294in serial
  File 
"nordicsemi\dfu\dfu.py"line 235in dfu_send_images
  File 
"nordicsemi\dfu\dfu.py"line 203in _dfu_send_image
  File 
"nordicsemi\dfu\dfu_transport_serial.py"line 155in send_init_packet
  File 
"nordicsemi\dfu\dfu_transport_serial.py"line 243in send_packet
  File 
"nordicsemi\dfu\dfu_transport_serial.py"line 282in get_ack_nr
nordicsemi
.exceptions.NordicSemiExceptionNo data received on serial portNot able to proceed.

Possible causes:
Selected Bootloader version does not match the one on Bluefruit device.

Please upgrade the Bootloader or select correct version in Tools->Bootloader.
Baud rate must be 115200Flow control must be off.
Target is not in DFU modeGround DFU pin and RESET and release both to enter DFU mode

Ideally I would want to develop a method using the arduino IDE due to its user friendliness. Additionally the user @cujo has developed an amazing arduino compatiple ANT library.

If anyone knows how to bypass the bsp issue which I'm sure is a very complex issue please let us know.       [ Edited: 29 April 2020 03:05 PM by drewvigne ]