ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT+ LEV connection

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2020-08-19

PM

Hey guys,
I'm completely lost with ANT+. I am trying to write an APP that will connect to an LEV and allow you to change the travel mode.
However, the problem is that I do not know how to do this. With the normal ANT library it does not work, because the 57 offset frequency is reserved for ANT+. And in the ANT+ library there is no predefined class for LEV.

Can someone help me?

Kind regards      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 370

Joined 2012-06-27

PM

To write apps that use rf ch 57 you will need https://www.thisisant.com/forum/viewthread/7477/      

Signature

Ian Haigh

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2017-09-12

PM

christianus2 - 25 June 2021 12:59 PM
Hey guys,
I'm completely lost with ANT+. I am trying to write an APP that will connect to an LEV and allow you to change the travel mode.
However, the problem is that I do not know how to do this. With the normal ANT library it does not work, because the 57 offset frequency is reserved for ANT+. And in the ANT+ library there is no predefined class for LEV.

Can someone help me?

Kind regards

Did you do something?
I'm interesting in the same thing..
Let me know. thanks.      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2020-08-19

PM

Hey Paolo,
it's like they said in the forum post that haighi linked.
You need the ANT+ Restricted Android SDK to be able to use this feature. So just follow the link, there is everything you need. I hope that helps you!

Rank

Joined 2017-09-12

PM

christianus2 - 21 November 2021 08:15 PM
Hey Paolo,
You need the ANT+ Restricted Android SDK to be able to use this feature. So just follow the link, there is everything you need. I hope that helps you!

I did it.
I would like to know if you have something to share in order to don't reinvent the wheel every time..
Thanks.      
Rank

Joined 2017-09-12

PM

DonaldCWilson - 15 February 2022 09:11 AM
christianus2 - 21 November 2021 08:15 PM
Hey Paolo,

Thanks. I hope that too.

Maybe nobody wants to share the job. Garmin for sure doesn't want to create an app that can compete with their devices, so for sure, they don't help you in the development.
For now I don't have time to invest in this library, maybe in the future I will do something.
If you want to contact me in private, we can share the effort.