Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT+ Device Profile Sample Code

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-11-28

PM

I am writing a PC application (will likely port to other platforms subsequently) and want to decode data from (cycling) power meters, heart rate monitors and speed and cadence sensors. Before I reinvent the wheel, although it doesn't sound too onerous, I just want to check my understanding the available source code to make sure I haven't missed anything. I'd rather re-use code if available than write my own implementations of parsing bits based on reading the ANT+ device profile docs.

Here's what I believe to be true:

- In C++, there is full source to the (deprecated) ANT+ Simulator, although this doesn't run with MSVC 2015 (haven't investigated fully yet), and I'll have to download a copy of VS2008 from MSDN if that's not an option.

- In C#, there is code (which I can't find on the download page, but is in a tech node), for a heart rare display simulator, which handles HR packed decoding.

- There is no available source code for SimulANT.

Is all of the above correct?      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Correct, though the C# code you mentioned in your second point should be easily modified to handle other ANT+ device profiles as well, not just HR.      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2021-12-20

PM

Quick question where is that Tech node post? a C# example like that is all I need to get started.