ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT Linux SDK Beta Release

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

ShaneG - 13 May 2016 03:30 PM
We are pleased to announce that official Linux ANT support is now available for testing in the ANT Linux SDK beta package now available in the thisisant.com downloads section: https://www.thisisant.com/resources/ant-sdk-linux-beta-beta-release-for-customer-testing-and-feedback/

Please recognize that because this library is new and there are so many varieties of Linux that we haven't tested against we are releasing it as a beta release and request your feedback on anything that isn't working. Also note, the included libraries support using libusb based devices including the USB2 and USBm, but not SI based devices like the module dev boards.

We hope providing our official API on Linux helps you with your ANT projects!

Leave any feedback and questions in this thread. Thanks!

Is there any Linux support available for the SDK?      
Rank

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2018-10-23

PM

Hi Team,

is there any update in Progress for the Linux SDK? Was already also asked some times in this thread…

Thanks and regards      
Rank

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2018-10-23

PM

Hi Team,

could someone Help me with a hind how to disable the debug Messages wich occurs all the time during usage of the compiled DEMO_LIB?

Thanks and regards      
Rank

Joined 2019-03-01

PM

Does anyone know how to fix this problem when running 'make' in the DEMO_LIB folder? I'm running the SDK on Ubuntu 18.04      

Image Attachments

IMG_4170_(1).JPG

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Rank

Joined 2015-09-22

PM

Hi EdyzaIoT and everybody,

I am facing the same issue 'No keywords in input file !'. Were someone able to find a solution ?

I am already using the Managed library on Windows and want to port my app to Linux... Does someone has already build the Unmanaged_wrapper on linux (like for Windows) into an ANT_Wrapped_lib.so ? Because is would then be very easy for everybody to access ANT functionalities through C#...      
RankRank

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2013-06-11

PM

ShaneG - 13 May 2016 03:30 PM
We are pleased to announce that official Linux ANT support is now available for testing in the ANT Linux SDK beta package now available in the thisisant.com downloads section: https://www.thisisant.com/resources/ant-sdk-linux-beta-beta-release-for-customer-testing-and-feedback/

Please recognize that because this library is new and there are so many varieties of Linux that we haven't tested against we are releasing it as a beta release and request your feedback on anything that isn't working. Also note, the included libraries support using libusb based devices including the USB2 and USBm, but not SI based devices like the module dev boards.

We hope providing our official API on Linux helps you with your ANT projects!

Leave any feedback and questions in this thread. Thanks!

Any update to this beta SDK? I just rewrite our application for ANT+ on Linux and wonder that will we ever get dynamic library on Linux.

Thanks.      
Rank

Joined 2022-01-13

PM

Anyone know how to troubleshoot this error? I am using a raspberry pi 3b+ with bullseye on it. Trying to get HR readout on the pi using a Polar OH1+ HRM and an ANT dongle. Followed the instructions, including modifications suggested to the code by Shane and tried to "make". I tried changing the LINKER_ARGUMENTS to both -lusb and -lusb-1.0 without success. Getting stuck at the exact same point. Thanks

software/USB/device_handles/usb_device_handle_libusb_linux.cpp: In member function ‘virtual USBError::Enum USBDeviceHandleLibusb::Write(void*, ULONG, ULONG&)’:
software/USB/device_handles/usb_device_handle_libusb_linux.cpp:396:10: warning: unused variable ‘bTxDebug’ [-Wunused-variable]
396 | BOOL bTxDebug = DSIDebug::ThreadInit("ao_libusb_transmit");
| ^~~~~~~~
make[1]: *** [makefile:255: gccDebug/software/USB/device_handles/usb_device_handle_libusb_linux.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/SDK/ANT_LIB'
make: *** [makefile:65: lib] Error 2

Rank

Joined 2019-06-27

PM

SteffenM - 12 January 2019 03:32 PM
Hi Team,

could someone Help me with a hind how to disable the debug Messages wich occurs all the time during usage of the compiled DEMO_LIB?

Thanks and regards

I was able to resolve this by editing the makefile in the DEMO_LIB folder.

By default the linker arguments (LINKER_ARGUEMENTS) defined between lines 30 and 50 include the argument "-L$(ANTLIB_PATH)/gccDebug", by changing "gccDebug" to "gccRelease" the generated demo will use the the release versions of the libraries and not output these debug messages.

I assume there is a more elegant way to do this, perhaps using the libusb_set_debug() function but I have failed to do so.      
Rank

Joined 2020-05-21

PM

HI,
I'm trying to build the ANT_DLL: How I can do that? There is no the makefile inside the ANT_DLL directory.

Am I missing something?

Rank

Joined 2023-03-24

PM

hy all,
same error when compile and run make on folder DEMO_LIB

maybe someone can help about this issue      

Image Attachments

WhatsApp_Image_2023-04-07_at_09.18.31.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image