Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Clarity: Visual Studio or Visual C++ 2008

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2021-11-09

PM

I'm trying to get started in developing wiht ANT+ by having a look at the DEMO scripts in the SDK but I'm having problems accessing said scripts. I've seen notes as to the need to use Visual C++ 2008 but also references to other possible versions or Visual Studio being useable (including Visual Studio 2015 as noted in the SDK readme).

Can you provide some definitive clarity on what exactly is needed to access the DEMO scripts, especially as, with Visual Studio 2019 (16.11.11 ,including Visual C++ 2019) when I open the ANT_Libraries.sln I'm receiving a pop-up regarding an action required for "Retargetting Projects". (see attached)

Note that Visual Studio is not my forte so I'm learning this as I go along, and checking in with other coders that I know. But, the impression I have is that VS2019 should be backward compatible and able to open the file (especially if there have been references to VS2015 being able to open it).

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

-Ken      

Image Attachments

VS_Retargeting2.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2021-11-09

PM

Disregard;

I believe I've managed to work out the issue and it seems to be doing fine in VS2019.

But if there's anything in particular where VC++2008 would be beneficil over VS2019 it'd be nice to hear.

Cheers      
Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2023-08-06

PM

Let it go;

It appears to be functioning properly in VS2019 now that I think I've figured out the problem.

I would like to know if there is a specific scenario in which VC++2008 would be preferable to VS2019.

Salutations. 
io games      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2024-03-26

PM

victorpatrick - 03 November 2023 02:03 AM
Let it go;

It appears to be functioning properly in VS2019 now that I think I've figured out the problem.

I would like to know if there is a specific scenario in which VC++2008 would be preferable to VS2019.

Salutations. 

Any update? I wanted to know more about it, but, now everything is okay. I want to share about a website, which I found when I wanted help in my writing, and I found this https://stateofwriting.com/uk/hnd-writing-service website which is an essay writing service provider. I like their work and they are so affordable also. if you also need their service you can visit them.
io games

Any update?