ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Examples for acting as ANT or ANT+ sensor

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2022-01-23

PM

Hi,
I have been trying to find code examples (android) for the sensor side of an ANT(+) network.
Basically, I want to pose as an indoor bicycle using the FE-C protocol so that my Garmin Fenix will use me as such.

There are numerous examples of the opposite, i.e. masters connecting to ANT+ sensor, but none(?) of what I am looking for, so I am beginning to wonder if the API at all allows me to do this through an android phone.
I did find PC and RPi examples using ANT sticks, but would rather do it on my phone.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks
/Ola      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 370

Joined 2012-06-27

PM

This would require https://www.thisisant.com/forum/viewthread/7477/      

Signature

Ian Haigh

Rank

Joined 2022-01-23

PM

Thanks, the restricted Android SDK indeed did the trick. I can now successfully connect to my garmin watch, posing as an ANT+ FE-C device.

However, that only solves half my problem. I also need to interface my actual equipment which only supports BLE, and BLE was introduced in API level 18 in android, whereas the ANT SDK seems to only work for API level 17?

Is there a way of making ANT SDK work also for later API levels?

Thanks
/Ola      
Rank

Joined 2022-01-23

PM

Disregard this reply. ANT android SDK seems to work also with at least android API 21.      
Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2023-01-06

PM

I also need to interface my actual equipment, which only supports BLE. However, BLE was not introduced in Android until API level 18, whereas the ANT SDK appears to only work for API level 17.

basket random      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2023-02-06

PM

Thanks for letting me know. You made my day.