ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

USB2 Stick and Scanning_Mode_Demo

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2010-10-19

PM

Hi,

during my first steps of writing my own application using ANT (so far I was happy with ANTware II), I found that the Scanning_Mode_Demo does not work with the USB2 Stick.

I have configured a transmitter with one AT3 module and the battery board form the Dev Kit. Using a USB board from the Dev Kit and another AT3 as a receiver works fine with the Scanning_Mode_Demo, but with the USB2 Stick, I only get "Failed to initialize ANT" when I click on "Connect". With ANTware II, no difference in behaviour is observed between the two.

Why does that demo fail and what can be done about it? I ask this because this demo would be a good and not too comlicated starting point for my product demo, and using the USB2 Stick would make it look more like a product, less like a lab installment.

I have:

- Scanning_Mode_Demo.exe, 81.408 Bytes, 26 Jun 2009
- ANT_DLL.dll, 34.304 Bytes, 24 Jun 2009

and the other binaries delivered in the "ant14" zip file with the demo together in one folder.

Thank you.

Regards,

Heinrich      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

The ANT DLL version that is bundled with the Scanning mode demo is not compatible with USB2. You can replace the DLL with the one that is included in the Windows Library Package, in the DevZone to add USB2 support.      
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2010-10-19

PM

It works well that way. Thank you.

Heinrich      
Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2012-07-13

PM

Is the ANT dll that is bundled with the Scanning Mode Demo compatible with a C7 module?      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Yes. Drivers for the interface board are the same regardless of the module you use, so the ANT DLL should work with it.      
Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-12-05

PM

Hello,

I'm trying to get the ANT USB2 stick to work with the Scanning_Mode_Demo too. However I haven't had any success yet. I'm running Window 7 64-bit on my system and I downloaded the ant_usb2_drivers package available in the downloads section. I then copied the files AntUsbCoInstall_x64.dll, libusb0.dll and libusb0.sys from the amd64 folder to the folder which contains the Scanning_Mode_Demo.exe. Also in the source code, in the file ant_dll.cpp, i changed the line

hANTdll = LoadLibraryA("ANT_DLL.dll");

to

hANTdll = LoadLibraryA("AntUsbCoInstall_x64.dll");

I still can't get the USB2 stick to work with the scanning mode demo. I'm pretty sure it's something trivial but I haven't been able to spot it yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-Shaan

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-12-05

PM

Hi,

I'm sorry...I was looking in the wrong package..I downloaded the correct windows library package and replaced the old ANT_DLL.dll with the new one..Works perfect now!

Thanks,
Shaan