ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT parallel channels handling?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Hello ANT community!

I'm using ant also for relaying purposes. So, I'm handling like 4 different channels at the time. Now, there is a problem I'm facing.
I'm geting A lot of CHANNEL_COLLISION messages.
Question to all.
Because I'm using the parallel processing in my controller is it possible in ANT protocol to address different messages in the near close time without to get reply from the ANT. An example. Can I send message to ant like send_ack on CH0 and then immediately after that message like send_ack on CH1? After that I have enough of time to process all the ant reply from it. Or I have to send_ack on one channel then wait and read reply from ant then send_ack on another channel and read ant replay from this one?

Regards!

Vladimir Djurica      
RankRankRank

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2008-10-24

PM

It appears you have overlapped in time on the 4 channels and caused the CHANNEL_COLLISION.

As a receiver, ANT will send ack back to the sender automatically when the acknowledge message is received. This behaviour can not be changed in ANT protocol. Thus, if your repeater expects the acknowledge and ack message correspond in both direction, the latency and Channel EVENT have to be handle properly by the repeater. It is much sophisticated and complicated. We do not have such experience to know if the relay could support acknowledge messages.

There is a broadcast relay sample in our website http://www.thisisant.com/pages/ant/ant-embedded-reference-code
Hopefully it would give you some help.      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2008-12-02

PM

Hi

Seems the link for the broadcast relay sample is not working, is there another place it can be downloaded?

Edit: Never mind, I just needed to remove the . at the end of the link.

K.