Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

channel configuration values

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-05-26

PM

i would like to know if there is any document that defines the different values and it's description in order to configure Ant channel,like transmission type, Device type, and Network parameters especially that some of them has values from 0 to 255.
i have AP2 module and AT3 also and from the documentation i only found values 1 and 3 for transmission type, but for Device type i didn't find any specific value, and for network number there is value 0 for public network and for managed it's depend on the device profile but in case private what is the value i can use or i just use any value i want.
thanks a lot      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Hi Ahmad,

Please read the forum post below:

http://www.thisisant.com/component/option,com_fireboard/Itemid,146/func,view/id,104/catid,25/

The ANT+ device profiles define specific values for configuring ANT channel ID. These profiles can be found in the ANT+ Adopter zone under ANT+ device profiles. You must be an ANT+ Adopter to view the device profiles:

http://www.thisisant.com/pages/ant/ant-device-profiles

The device profiles define specific values for device type and transmission type, depending on the device profile you are interested in.

ANT modules support 3 networks, therefore only network numbers between 0 through 2 can be used. Network numbers are assigned network keys. You can input up to 3 different network keys on a single ANT device by assigning each network number a different network key. For AP1 devices, network number 0 is initialized to the public network key, and network numbers 1 and 2 are left uninitialized. For non AP1 devices (i.e. AP2 and AT3) all three network numbers are initialized to the public network key. Network numbers are not sent over the air. They are used to store network keys.

For example, you could assign the public network key to network 0, the ANT+ network key to network 1, and the ANTFS network key to network 2. You can change which network your channel is communicating on simply by changing the network number, rather than typing in the 8 byte network key each time you wish to change the network.

If all three networks are set to public network key, changing the network number changes nothing, the channel will always be configured on the public network.

For a managed Network, the ANT+ Network Key or ANTFS network key must be assigned to a network number.

The ANT+/ANTFS Network Keys can be found in the ANT+ Adopter zone. You must be an ANT+ Adopter to view the Network Keys:

http://www.thisisant.com/pages/ant/ant-device-profiles

If you wish to establish a private network, by obtaining a private network key, you must contact us at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). There is an associated fee with establishing a private network key.

I hope this answers your questions.

Regards.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

I had an issue trying to use a device that already had an ANT+ key on it to talk to a non ANT+ with a public key. I was searching the forum to figure out what the public key was, because setting the key to all 0's didn't seem to work. Is the public listed in the docs somewhere?

I'm not an ANT+ member, but noticed there was a link above to network keys.txt, so I tried it to see if the public key was in it and I was able to view the txt file. After it loaded, I realized that's probably something you don't want non ANT+ members to be able to see. Just a heads up.      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Hi Scott,

Devices on the Public network are not able to communicate with devices on the ANT+ network unless there is a bridge that can 'translate' for the devices. Currently there are no bridges available, so this will be up to you to implement.

The link below should only be visible to ANT+ members and Adopters. I will look into this, and fix the situation.

Cheers,

Kassandra      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Thanks for the response, I understand that ANT+ can't talk to non-ANT+.

The docs say ANT chips are pre-programmed with a public key. In my situation, I'd like to write the public key on top of a device that has already had the ANT+ entered on it. I'm using an iPhone to do ANT development, and the device's firmware writes the ANT+ key before I get access to the ANT chip via a higher level API. I never have access to the ANT+ key. I just want to write a new key so I can communicate with other public-key devices.

Is the public key printed anywhere?      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Hi Scott,

The public network key is not documented anywhere. For most ANT chips (AP2, AT3, C7) the public network key is the default on all of the networks. For AP1 devices, the public network is set on network 0, and the others are uninitialized.

If you change the network key to something other than the public network key (i.e. the ANTFS network or ANT+ network keys) you will not be able to revert back to the public network key without resetting the chip. If you need more clarification, don't hesitate to ask.

I hope this answers your questions!

Kassandra