Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Is it possible to create a single, cross-platform ANT communication library?

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

Hello,

I am taking over ANT+ related development from another company, with the idea to extend the support for our product to iOS and Android applications, where possible.

Currently we have an application written in .NET which uses a C++ library doing all the ANT+ communication. I am aware of a Managed ANT DLL, but that's not usable on mobile platforms.

Is it possible to create one single ANT communication library in C++ and use it on all ANT supported platforms, or are there to many differences that it would be easier and faster to create our communication library separately on each platform using the supported technology?      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Have you had a look at the ANT Windows & MacOS Library Packages? Most of the library is implemented in C++, and is cross platform. The parts dealing with serial communication are specific to each platform, as they are related to specific hardware and drivers. The full source code is available on the ANT+ Adopter Zone, so you can have a look and decide whether it fits your development.

Since you mentioned specifically Android and iOS... There is already an ANT Android SDK - it is quite different from the PC libraries. For iOS, if you are planning on using a 3rd party dongle (e.g. Wahoo), you may need to use the API provided by the 3rd party.      
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2014-02-18

PM

alejandra - 16 January 2012 09:44 AM
Have you had a look at the ANT Windows & MacOS Library Packages? Most of the library is implemented in C++, and is cross platform. The parts dealing with serial communication are specific to each platform, as they are related to specific hardware and drivers. The full source code is available on the ANT+ Adopter Zone, so you can have a look and decide whether it fits your development.

Since you mentioned specifically Android and iOS... There is already an ANT Android SDK - it is quite different from the PC libraries. For iOS, if you are planning on using a 3rd party dongle (e.g. Wahoo), you may need to use the API provided by the 3rd party.

Hi, Could you give me some guidence how I can port the android SDK? What I meaning is that I want to know how I can make the ANT android SDK to work with our current product which include a Nordic nRF24AP2 chip? Currently we're using asynchronous port control.