ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

cc2570 and external crystal

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2010-07-23

PM

Hi,

I am trying to change chip solutions from the NRF24AP2 to the CC2570. I am using the same low level serial functions in byte sync mode that I had successfully used with the NRF24AP2, but am not having the same luck with the cc2570. I have configured all of the pins the same and designed the circuit to match the reference design by TI.

The SEN line is pulled down and only pulses with a reset, which seems correct. The SEN and SCLK lines are inactive when a SRDY is applied. I have seen a function for enabling an external crystal (ANT_crystalEnable()) is this required for the CC2570?

Any other ideas would be helpful as well,

Thanks      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Hello,

You shouldn't have to use ANT_EnableCrystal to turn your crystal on.
Would you be able to provide timing diagrams so that I can have a better understanding of what the problem might be?

Cheers

Kassandra      
Rank

Joined 2010-07-23

PM

Attached is the startup timing. [file name=antTime.zip size=56322]http://www.thisisant.com/images/fbfiles/files/antTime.zip[/file]      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Would you be able to provide the schematic that you're working off of. Also, are you using the reset pin, a power up, or a soft reset to reset your device?      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Attached is the schematic that I am working from.

I am using the reset pin and doing a hard reset followed by a soft reset.      
Rank

Joined 2010-07-23

PM

Heres the schematic. [file name=cc2570.pdf size=24131]http://www.thisisant.com/images/fbfiles/files/cc2570.pdf[/file]      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

In your schematic, it looks as though your reset pin is not connected to anything, but you say that you are using it. Can you please provide your reset pin circuitry?