Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Bursting with AP2 - RTS problem

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

I am using an AP2 module and AntwareII PC software. Asynchronous interface, 57.6K.
Initialisation, broadcast messages work OK.
When I try to queue up a burst message sequence, the RTS line only pulses high after the first message. I do not start to send the second message until after RTS has gone low. (Checked with scope). Adding delays do not help.
What reasons are there for RTS not responding to a message? I expect serial framing error or checksum error. Are there others?
I can see no problem with either of these in my case.
Would an incorrect sequence number cause this, or would that error be reported later?
(The sequence number/channel Number bytes I am using - channel 0 - are: 0x00, 0x20, 0x40, 0x60, 0xA0. Is this correct for a 5 message sequence?)

I get the first message received OK by the PC, but then get an EVENT_TRANSFER_TX_FAILED error.

I have also tried only queuing up one message, then sending the rest after an EVENT_TRANSFER_START has been received. In this case, RTS pulses after the first of these subsequent messages only. Two messages get through to the PC - the queued one, and the first one sent in response to the start event.

The problem is consistently repeatable, so would not appear to be flakey HW.
I am new to ANT, so I may have missed something basic.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Graeme.      
Rank

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2012-05-08

PM

Hi Graeme,

Thanks for getting in touch!

It would be helpful to have the traces you would see on a logic analyzer. Being able to see what you've got going on will really speed us up in giving you a hand.      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

Hi, thanks for offer of help.
After revisiting this, I have realised that it appears that you need to issue a broadcast data message before issuing the burst message - otherwise a sequence number error occurs. Hopefully, once the process is started that it is not necessary to always kick off the burst transfer with a broadcast message - I assume that is just the first time after reset?
I guess things may become a little clearer as I play more.
Thanks (for the time being),
Graeme